In Rock Island, Illinois, a homeowner called Titan Garage Doors Quad Cities for a garage door repair. When she pushed the button to open the garage, the door jerked violently and made a lot of creaky noises. She thought the door would crash into the car. So she pressed the close button again, but the panel’s top insulation broke apart this time. As the situation seemed urgent, we responded quickly and sent an experienced professional to find out what happened. During the inspection, we discovered the issues came from the cross brace in the garage door hanging bracket and the garage door reinforcement bracket. Years of use had worn down the brackets, making them loose and unsafe. As a result, the opener had to work double time to lift the door because of the loose tension.
Upon closer look, we found some loose screws and bolts missing. We carefully straightened the reinforcement bracket and the bent cross brace. Then, we glued the insulation back together. After that, we tightened the loose bracket, replaced the missing screws, and applied a rust-resistant coating and lubrication. Last, we tested the garage door to ensure it ran smoothly and safely. The client was happy to see the garage door working again. She valued the quick and professional service that fixed the garage door and gave her peace of mind.
Have you ever panicked because of a sudden garage door malfunction? Think about how scary it would be to press your garage opener, hear scary creaks, and see it jerk around randomly. Would proper care and checks have stopped this from happening? Today, in Rock Island, IL, there was a real-life event that made us realize how important garage door brackets are. There may be some tips you can use to keep your own home safe from such a scare.
Garage door brackets are important for keeping your door stable and working properly. Here are the reasons you should check your garage door brackets often:
1. Safety: A broken or weak bracket can be very dangerous. When brackets weaken, the garage door could crash, seriously hurt someone, or fall into something. To avoid such incidents, always check your brackets to help keep your family safe and prevent property damage.
2. Prevent Costly Repairs: If you catch problems with the brackets early, you can avoid making bigger, more expensive repairs later.
3. Reinforcement for Added Strength: Modern garage doors often have extra brackets that support the door’s weight and keep it from drooping after some time. It is important to check these garage door reinforcement brackets to ensure they are whole and working as they should.
4. Ensure Smooth Operation: If the brackets are loose or misaligned, the door may jerk, jolt, or get stuck while used.
5. Prolong Bracket Lifespan: For longer bracket life, grease any moving parts, tighten any loose bolts, and get rid of any rust right away.
6. Preserve Home Security: A broken bracket can attract thieves. They might find getting into your garage and maybe even your house easier.
Regularly checking your garage door brackets is an easy but important maintenance job that can save you money and make your garage door safer. Follow these steps or call a licensed expert to make sure your garage door works smoothly, reliably, and safely for years to come.
Are you searching for fast and reliable garage door repair services in Rock Island, IL? Look no further than Titan Garage Doors Quad Cities. With many years of experience, we are the best choice for all your garage door repair and maintenance needs. Our experts can quickly and efficiently fix your garage door brackets. So do not delay; call us today for free estimates. Get your garage door back in its best condition.
Trust Titan Garage Doors Quad Cities for Davenport, IA, garage door...
Need a garage door repair in Rock Island, IL? Titan Garage...
For top-notch garage door spring replacement in Davenport, IA, choose Titan...